This Weekend Brought to you By Haggis

Wow...what a great weekend. This past weekend was a prime example of how life should be. No stress, no drama, no tension. Just a good time. Kinda makes me mad at myself for wasting so many other weekends with the formers, but then again, without them, I wouldn't have met the great people that made this weekend possible.

I met a great group of very proud Scottish Americans. People who know their heritage and cling to it fascinate me. I never really knew where I came from until high school, and even then, not a lot of my family's past was known, or at least wasn't really talked about. I knew my mom's dad was of Scottish heritage, and that was good enough. Recently, my mom was able to get a hold of a family history book that dated her dad's side of the family all the way back to 504AD. Cool! I am of the Clan MacLaren (Clan MacLabhruinn) from Lochfyne on the northern side, and ancient landowners of the isle of Tiree. Creag un Turic!

I dunno...I do like Scottish beer though. And scotch. There is a lot of history, and a lot that I still don't have since the information I was given was primarily on the American immigrants with just the small touch of where they immigrated from. Either way, I'm proud to be part Scottish, and I do like haggis, in spite of it's rather distasteful reputation. If it's done right (and this was done right), it's awesome.

Aside from that, The weekend was just what I needed. And to all my new friends I say, CILANTRO!

Comments

Popular Posts