Crayon Brains

Yeah...don't ask.

So I'm not new to blogging, but it has been several years since I've had a blog. I used to write a lot, daily even, from poetry, to short stories, love songs, and everything in between. But something got in the way. Life.

I am a mom. And while I love being a mom, I often feel I'm lost in the shuffle of other people. For some reason it has even become okay for my "friends" to take stabs at my career choice (I recently and finally earned by BS), my abilities in the art field, and even at my family. I'm not sure what happened exactly to lead to those things, but I'm at a point where I realize I need to get back to me. The me who had real friends who didn't feel the need to insult and gossip about me to other friends of mine (yes, I heard that). I also need to revisit the things that I love, the things that made me who I am today. Did you know I'm incredibly interested in astronomy? I love to draw. And I actually have opinions about politics...though I'm not inclined to talk about that so much.

Other things happen and redirect priorities all the time. But this year it's time for change. I want to get back to the things I love and things that make me feel like me, not just the person the other people in my life need or want me to be. Don't get me wrong, I love being there for them. But it's about time I'm there for me. At least some of the time anyway.

So this blog will bring forward more of who I am, some of who I used to be, and hopefully a bit of who I'm yet to become. Music, art, books and movies...all the things I love, and some things I don't will be explored, exposed, and exterminated. I will try to keep the dramatics to a minimum, but I can't promise I won't be sarcastic and completely honest, which will inevitably insult someone out there. It will never be my intention to hurt someone, but I don't filter my thoughts and opinions. After all, this one's about me.

Comments

  1. I'm all in favor of honesty. Especially the kind that helps weed out the weeds. You know....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts