Everyone's a Writer

It's always bothered me when people buy a camera and call themselves a photographer, or download a ripped copy of Photoshop and call themselves a graphic designer...or begin to write a book and call themselves a writer. Well, I'm now one of those people.

I loved English in school and even took a few Creative Writing classes in college because it was something I enjoyed. I did not, however, major in English, or anything that gives me any qualification to write a book. But, I am. I started it a while ago, and while I haven't worked on it in some time (I don't think I have even a chapter yet), I am picking it back up. I don't have super high expectations for it, and I won't tell myself I'm going to go out of my way begging publisher after publisher to give me a shot. After all, that's what self-publishing sites are for, right? But it's something I love and has personal value. It's a great way to embellish things or people that may or may not be real events and figures in my life (I don't think it's a good idea to say) and I think it will be a good read. That is, of course, if I ever finish it.

Something I wrote a long time ago that I enjoy reminding myself of:
If you’re looking for me, you’ll never find me. For I am ever elusive and a proverbial white rabbit. If you happen upon me, it will inevitably be too late. For I have lived and lived again, with or without you. And if you never look, we shall never know which fate is fallen upon us and it will be my great loss at having never searched to my full potential, for you.
Who knows...maybe it will end up in my book and you can say you saw it here first. But don't steal it. There's a date and time-stamp that will hold up in court. ;-)

Comments

  1. Good for you. :) I've got a few books in various draft stages. I've found that writing on a regular basis has helped a ton. I always liked writing too, but I never realized how much I loved it until I started the blog. Keep it up.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts