감사합니다, 고맙습니다 go-map-seum-ni-dah ...Or just 'Thanks'

I have a confession. I love Korean drama tv. The expressive facial features, the longing and torturous angst, the ear-piercing nasal squeals from women when they're getting angry, the forbidden human contact with the opposite sex...Americans could learn a thing or two from a culture that doesn't jump in the sac in the first 5 min of airtime. I'm just sayin'. Sure they have their faults too...mostly with the men spending waaaaay too much time on their hair...but we all have faults.

I could go on for days about issues with American television, but I'll just say that I haven't had cable/satellite/paid television in 6 years, and I don't plan to any time soon. If it's not on the internet or available through antenna, I probably don't need it. Commercials, noise, flashy images, continuous music that never matches, constant movement...ugg. I get dizzy just thinking about it. I wonder why so many people have ADD/ADHD these days...

One more rant, then enough about tv. How is it America is more focused on and interested in celebrity drama than political and financial issues that actually affect us? I couldn't give 2 shits about who married who for what reason and for how long...I'm wondering where our economy will be when my son is ready to get a job. Google has a new commercial on Hulu about the top searches of 2011. This article says it best: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/google/google-zeitgeist-reveals-top-searches-for-2011-i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore/3500

...seeing Amy Winehouse beat out Osama Bin Laden for Google searches made me resent my membership in Homo sapiens.

Comments

  1. So I have this other friend who is a crazy huge fan of Korean drama...to hear her talk about it is just hilarious. I'll have to check it out one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts