Calm

This is my favorite kind of morning. Everything is still, very quiet, and it looks as though most the world's color has been drained. And even though there's over a foot of snow on the ground, it's not really that cold. Then the snow starts to fall again, the larger flakes that seem more like a decoration than a weather event. Yeah, this is definitely my favorite.


I'm not a naturally calm person. I try to be, but inside I'm often more like a coffee grinder. It's nervous, noisy, messy, chaotic, and rough. There's a lot to my past that has really helped make me this way (thanks...) and though I have chosen to move forward rather than dwell on it all, it doesn't go away. Being outside helps, but only when it's calm like this morning. This inspires me to take pictures, to draw, to write.

I need to get out more...

Comments

  1. I get this. After the big storm in October, I spent a good 3 hours out taking pictures. It's good for the soul. Hope you get some time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts